Effective August 18, 2022
- Changes to Privacy Policies.
- Information Pitchgrade Collects.
When User uses the Website, Pitchgrade may receive and collect certain information. The information that Pitchgrade may receive and collect depends on what User does when it visits the Website.
- Automatically Collected Information.
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from User when User visits the Website. This information may include some or all of the following items: (i) the name of the domain and host from which User accesses the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer User is using and the IP address of User’s Internet Service Provider; (ii) the type and version of Internet browser software User uses and its operating system; (iii) the date and time User accesses the Website, the length of User’s stay and the specific pages, images, video or forms that User accesses while visiting the site; (iv) the Internet address of the website from which User linked directly to the Website, and if applicable, the search engine that referred User and any search strings or phrases that User entered into the search engine to find the Website; and (v) demographic information concerning the country of origin of User’s computer and the language(s) used by it. Pitchgrade uses this information to monitor the usage of the Website, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with Users’ computers, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the Website. Pitchgrade may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on Users’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
- Information Collected via Cookies.
- Information User May Actively Submit Through the Website.
- Personal Information About Children.
The Website is targeted primarily for use by adults. Pitchgrade does not target or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, Pitchgrade does not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor does Pitchgrade knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years. HOWEVER, Pitchgrade HEREBY ADVISES ALL VISITORS TO THE WEBSITE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 NOT TO DISCLOSE OR PROVIDE ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE. In the event that Pitchgrade discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to Pitchgrade, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online for more information about this Act. Pitchgrade will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from Pitchgrade’s files to the extent possible.
- E-Mail Communication.
When User sends an email to Pitchgrade or provides User’s email address to Pitchgrade, User is communicating with Pitchgrade electronically and consents to receive communication from Pitchgrade electronically. Pitchgrade may retain the content of such email(s), User’s email address, and Pitchgrade response(s) in order to further service User’s needs. Pitchgrade may use the data that User provides to send User email or correspondence via other means.
- How Pitchgrade Uses and Shares User Information.
- Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants, and court orders served on Pitchgrade in accordance with their terms, as otherwise required by applicable law, or in response to requests by law enforcement.
- Information may be disclosed to: (i) carefully selected third-party service providers so that they may provide services to User; (ii) provide customer service; (iii) send or email Marketing Communications; (iv) maintain Pitchgrade’s promotions, database, and other programs; (v) monitor the activity of the Website; (vi) conduct surveys; and (vii) process transactions.
- Information may be disclosed and transferred if Pitchgrade or its business is sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against us, or if Pitchgrade becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
- Linking to Third-Party Websites.
When User click on links on the Website that take User to third-party websites, User may be subject to the third-party website’s privacy policies. While Pitchgrade supports the protection of privacy on the Internet, Pitchgrade cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. Pitchgrade encourages User to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website User visits, whether User is linking from the Website or browsing on its own.
- Access to and Managing User Information.
Pitchgrade believes it is important for User to be able to: (i) find out what Information User has provided to Pitchgrade through the Website; (ii) update User Information; and (iii) “opt out” of receiving future Pitchgrade Communications. To inquire about User Information, update User Information, or “opt” out of receiving future Pitchgrade Communications, User may do one of the following:
- Select the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” option(s) contained with Pitchgrade’s emails; or
- Send an e-mail with User’s request and current contact information through https://Pitchgrade.com/contact. If User sends an e-mail request, User should include its full name and email address, and indicate the specific nature of User’s request. If User wants to “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving Pitchgrade communications, specifically what type of Pitchgrade communication (e.g., e-mail) User wishes to receive or stop receiving. This will ensure Pitchgrade identifies User correctly in Pitchgrade’s systems and accurately processes User’s request. Pitchgrade will take appropriate steps to implement User’s request, but due to production, mailing and system timelines, it may take up to ten (10) business days for e-mails. Until that change takes effect, User may still receive or not receive Pitchgrade Communications. “Opting-out” of Pitchgrade Communications may prevent Pitchgrade from providing certain services which may be necessary for User’s use of the Website or services provided thereon.
- What User Needs to Do to Protect its Information.
User has several options when deciding how it can best protect User Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it. As stated above, this approach would allow User to still visit the Website, although it will prevent User, for example, from utilizing services or materials provided via the Website or providing Pitchgrade with User’s comments or questions relating to the Website. The Federal Trade Commission’s website,www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally identifiable information provided to a website.
- What to Do About Suspected Violations of This Privacy Statement.
If at any time User believes that Pitchgrade has not adhered to the policies and principles set forth in this Privacy Statement, please notify Pitchgrade using the contact information provided in Section 7(b). Pitchgrade will make all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to such concerns.
To the extent do-not-track implementations from User’s browser(s) prevent or impede the delivery of services provided through Pitchgrade.com, those do-not-track implementations are not honored.
- Questions or Comments.